Beautiful terracotta face by Heinrich Meister, circa 1940, in beautiful vintage condition with some signs of use
Length: 11cm Width: 10cm Height: 11.5cm
Heinrich Meister grew up in Münster, Alsace. From 1912 he studied architecture at the ETH in Zurich. There he met his future business partner, Josef Kövessi from Debrecen (Hungary). In 1919, Heinrich Meister left his architectural studies and took up an internship at the Feldmeilen art pottery. In 1920 he founded the "Kunstkeramik Werkstatt A. Meister" in Stettbach with his uncle Albert Meister. Meister" in Stettbach, a district of Dübendorf (Switzerland). In 1924 Heinrich married Gertrud Zingg, also a ceramist.
From 1930 to 1960, the company expanded with Benno Geiger.